1. What documents do I have to obtain before ordering the gas system design for the existing detached house / one-family flat?
The following documents must be obtained before contacting a design studio to prepare a gas system design:
– valid technical conditions of gas system connection issued by PSG (Eng. Polish Gas Company) – the validity of documents – 2 years – the application should be submitted in the customer service centre of Polish Gas Company, waiting time for the conditions is approx. 2 weeks
– valid chimney sweeper’s assessment (validity half a year)
– building management consent (in case when the building is not the investor’s property)
– master map in 1:500 scale – we submit an application in the Surveying Department of the Town/City Council / the County Office – waiting time until 2 weeks, we may often obtain it immediately.
2. What is the procedure after ordering the design completion?
After signing the order for design works, in which the scope of works is included, the deadline for their performance, a number of copies and the order value, the designer initiates the following activities:
– building survey (they make an appointment with the investor to measure a flat / a house)
– design preparation within the scope compliant with the order
– issuance of the project for the investor in a number of agreed copies
– initially completed application for the building permit and a declaration about the right to administer the property.
3. What happens after obtaining a building design?
After collecting a design documentation from the designer, the following set of documents must be submitted in the building / architecture department of the Town/City Council or in the County Office:
– 4 copies of a building design
– completed and signed application for the building permit
– completed and signed declaration about the right to administer the property.
4. When shall I obtain the building permit from the Town/City Hall or the County Office?
In accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedure, waiting time for obtaining the building permit is limited to 65 days.
5. I collected the design from the Town/City Hall or the County Office, what is next?
After collecting the Decision about the building permit, we must wait 14 days for its validation.
– A Construction Logbook must be established (available in the Town/City Council / at The County Construction Supervision Inspector’s Office / the County Office)
– the fully authorised Building Site Manager must be hired to manage works within installation specialisation in relations to heat, ventilation, gas, water and sewage networks, systems and equipment.
– the initiation of building works must be reported in Powiatowy Inspektorat Budowlany (Eng. State Building Inspectorate) with the submission of the building site manager’s declaration
– the implementation of the investment must be initiated.
6. Do you hold a position of the building site manager as well?
No, but we help in getting in touch with them.
7. I terminated the investment. Should I report it somewhere?
Yes. The termination of the investment / building-installation works must be reported to the following institutions:
– Polska Spółka Gazownictwa (Eng. Polish Gas Company) – to accept the delivery of gas installation
– Chimney Sweeper – to accept the delivery of ventilation installation
– Państwowy Inspektorat Budowlany (Eng. State Building Inspectorate) – to report the termination of the investment (the construction logbook, the building site manager’s declaration and delivery documents obtained from Polish Gas Company and Chimney Sweeper should be submitted).
8. What is the cost of design preparation?
Each design is assessed individually depending in the building location, building cubic capacity, access to architectural documentation and many other factors.
9. Do you prepare the designs of utility connections to a detached house / building?
Yes, but only in case of the preparation of a full-range installation design (the design of connections with all internal installations of the building / a detached house).
10. What is required to prepare the design of utility connections?
The following documents are essential before the initiation of design works:
– architectural designs of the building in an editable version / alternatively the order to conduct the property survey,
– a valid master map (to be obtained in the Surveying Department of the Town/City Council / the County Office) – waiting time until 2 weeks, we may often obtain it immediately,
– a valid map for design purposes – constructed by the authorised surveyor and approved by the Surveying Department,
– valid technical conditions of the network connection (they are usually valid for 2 years) – the application is to be submitted in the customer service centre of Polska Spółka Gazownictwa (Eng. Polish Gas Company), waiting time for the conditions is approx. 2 weeks,
– the extract from the land registry – (to be obtained in the Surveying Department of the Town/City Council / the County Office) – waiting time until 2 weeks, we may often obtain it immediately,
– entry permit – in case of the necessity to cross the plots, not being owned by the investor, with the designed installations,
– patience 😊
11. What is waiting time for design preparation?
Preparation time of the design documentation is arranged individually depending on the scope and complication extent of the design.
12. Do you also deal with construction works?
No, but we help in getting in touch with the relevant persons.
13.Is it possible to implement changes in the design?
Each of the cases is analysed individually. Each change affects the time of design preparation. The change of the scope of the design may also affect the price.
14. Is the investor or the designer responsible for the formalities in the offices and other institutions?
The investor is responsible for any formalities related to obtaining the building permit. However, there is a chance of representing the Investor before public administration authorities and local government bodies, utility companies and other state institutions in all cases related to obtaining the conditions, arrangements and decisions vital for the performance of the task, after giving a relevant Power of Attorney by the Investor. The Power of Attorney is valid until the day of obtaining the building permit.